Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sleep Humming

1:45 am. Half-sitting half-lying on the bed. Not trying to sleep. Mind closed. Mobile not working. Cant one have a moments' peace? What is peace? Door Creaks. Bro laughs. Shows me a video. Babies dancing. I laugh. Still no peace. Mobile still not working. Who cares though. No one calls. 1:52 am. Mind numb. Eyelids drooping but fingers pressing keys. Bro eats 'little hearts'. I laugh again. Why? Little hearts! As Topden would say, "note the irony". Are hearts little? Maybe. I yawn. Bro asks a question. I don't hear. Bro repeats. Wants to know whether I like 'The Simpsons'. I nod. Nod again. Yes and No. Bro gets irritated. Looks into his laptop. Grumbles. I do like Simpsons. The Simpsons. Real cartoons. I laugh inside my head. Why? 'Real cartoons'; oxymoron. Bro switches tv on. 2:08 am. No peace at all. Images are blurred. Am I sleepy? Wake up. Its 2 and a half men on screen. Want to close my eyes. Mobile? Not working. Cartoons are real. Hearts are little. Babies dance. Irony and Oxymoron exist. Peace too? Sleep doesn't answer. Dreams might.

No comments:

Post a Comment